The mountain refuge’s rates do not vary according to the season, although please bear in mind:
Minimum stays for 2021, ONLY APPLICABLE TO DOUBLE AND QUADRUPLE ROOMS:
- EASTER (9 to 13 April): 3 nights and half board.
- 1 MAY LONG WEEKEND: 2 nights and half board.
- SAINT JOHN’S EVE (23 to 24 June): 2 nights and half board.
- 15 AUGUST LONG WEEKEND. 2 nights and half board.
- SPAIN’S NATIONAL DAY (12 October): 2 nights and half board.
- ALL SAINT’S DAY LONG WEEKEND (1 November): 2 nights and half board.
- IMMACULATE CONCEPTION LONG WEEKEND (8 December): Half board.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE: 2 nights and half board. The price for half board increases to €50 per adult and €40 per child (this includes the New Year’s Eve dinner and New Year’s Day breakfast).
If there are any rooms available, they will be put on sale to the general public a few days before; in this case, they will not be subject to any minimum stay requirements. Please call the mountain refuge to consult availability during public holidays and long weekends.
Montfalcó can be reached from the town of Viacamp by following a 15-kilometre forest trail which is suitable for cars, taking approximately 30 minutes. Please respect the speed limits.
If you are using a GPS, only use it to get to Viacamp. Once you are there, follow the signs for Montfalcó Mountain Refuge to avoid getting lost on old trails which are in bad condition.
You can reach Montfalcó by minibus, but the road is not suitable for large buses. In addition, at the turning for the road there is a sign that prohibits heavy vehicles from passing. Please respect this sign as failure to do so can be dangerous for all who use the road and access to the mountain refuge may even become blocked.
It is strictly prohibited to park outside the mountain refuge. The car park can be found 200 metres before the mountain refuge, which is free and has space for 80 vehicles.
Guests may temporarily park outside the mountain refuge to unload their luggage (from 3 pm), but they must immediately return their vehicle to the car park.
Those who have booked activities with either Montfalcó Mountain Refuge or Guías del Montsec must also leave their vehicles in the car park. Once at the mountain refuge, we will transfer you to the activity site in our own vehicles.
HOW THE MOUNTAIN REFUGE WORKS
The mountain refuge boasts modern installations, although, due to the isolation and lack of outside communication, we are completely self-sufficient. Therefore, we ask that all guests and visitors acknowledge their surroundings and help maintain the sustainability of the mountain refuge by reducing waste, saving water and using electricity in a responsible manner.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES:
- Guests may check in between 3 pm and 11 pm.
- Check-out is at 10 am. Guests must leave their rooms by this time.
From 11 pm to 8 am.
Groups that would like a picnic must request it by 7 pm the day before.
There is no shared kitchen for guests to use, and it is strictly prohibited to use camp stoves at the facilities.
The waste collection service does not reach the mountain refuge, so guests must take their rubbish with them when they leave.
BAR AND RESTAURANT
The bar’s opening times are:
- 7:30 am to 11 pm (from 1 May to 15 October)
- 8 am to 10 pm (from 16 October to 30 April)
is served from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Dinner is served at 8 pm
and it must be booked in advance.
- This activity must be booked in advance, otherwise we cannot guarantee the availability of staff or equipment.
- Kayaks may be rented between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm.
- All of our kayaks are middle- to top-of-the-range touring kayaks.
- The equipment must be collected and returned at Montfalcó. If you would like to combine it with the walkways and gorge routes, you must book the Kayak Trip activity.
- All activities are held in the morning and must be booked in advance.
- All of the guides that accompany you are qualified guides specialising in high mountains, canyons, medium-sized mountains and kayaks. They are all very well-versed.
- We work with small group sizes and top-quality equipment, while putting your enjoyment above all else.
WALKWAYS AND MONT-REBEI GORGE ROUTE
- It’s free to access and there are no restrictions, and it’s open all day long.
- You must book if you want to complete the return journey by kayak, however.
- Remember that you’re in a mountainous environment and it’s your responsibility to inform yourself and ensure you have sufficient training before each outing.
- Don’t go alone and tell someone where you’re going.
- If you have any doubts, hire a guide.
- And if you’re not physically prepared, choose a level that is more suited to your ability.
We have adapted all of our processes to guarantee your safety.
We comply with all health and safety protocols at our facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions